Thursday, February 26, 2015

Beaded earrings and things

Handmade Indigenous earrings made by Venaya.
Photo credit Venaya Yazzie
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2015


The use of 'sunburst' or 'horizon' colors in Indigenous beadwork is popular. Perhaps it is done in reverence for the sky, or an homage to the colors of the sun's radiance, for whatever the reason many Indigenous beaders know these colors sooth the 'Indin' soul.

I designed and beaded  these new earrings in my new collection. The design pays homage to the stars. It is a stylized 'star' concept, but many may see only a cross. As a beader I used many mixes of colors, but always I prefer the sunset brilliance of colors in my work.

Indigenous Adornment is my muse, and with it nestled into the hem of my garments I will bead on! Blessings


No comments:

Post a Comment