Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Powwow spirit




I began dancing and participating in powwows in 1994, and in many ways helped to enforce and balance my identity as a 21st century Indigenous women. Since my first time in the powwow circle I have found humility and happiness, from that first moment I made made my own Jingle Dress, the essence of the powwow way has been a part of my life in some way.

As humans we must all find our 'way' to be happy, to be balanced, to find the sublime, for many Indigenous people it is dancing with and among the People in the powwow circle.  I am thankful everyday for my abilities and senses for the help me to appreciate the diversity of Indigenous people.

As I have matured in my own life, I appreciate the little details of my experience living as an Indigenous women, and as a powwow dancer whose dance is prayer.

Blessings in all things.




No comments:

Post a Comment