Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Balcony House Art

Balcony House at Mesa Verde National Park.
Image of art created by Venaya Yazzie during her
Artist-in-Residence in 2014
Photo by Venaya Yazzie
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2015

Last year in May 2014 I was an artist-in-resident at Mesa Verde National Park in southwestern Colorado. I spent most of the time out in the open air creative art. I was able to stay at the park for two weeks where I trekked the backroads of the park while visiting the ruins of the ancient Puebloan people.

As a art resident I was asked to create on art piece to donate to the permanent collection at Mesa Verde, this photo depicts the donated art I made.

By far Balcony House was the favored of all the ruins at Mesa Verde. I spent lots of time visiting this space while at the park.

Beauty was all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment