Friday, September 12, 2014

Art by Navajo women painter Beverly Blacksheep

Original art by Beverly Blacksheep
Photo by Venaya Yazzie
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
During Labor Day weekend the Totah Indian Arts Festival takes place in the bordertown of Farmington, New Mexico. Its a great time when Indigenous artists, mostly Navajo, come together to showcase and share their original art works.

I was a participant in this show, and so was Navajo painter Beverly Blacksheep from Arizona. I love her work as man of her pieces depict Navajo cultural adornment of both men and women. She does a great job in showing the detailed garments and jewelry pieces in her art.

Happily I was able to do a trade with her at this show. This painting is the item I traded for my own art. Its a beautiful piece I treasure much.








No comments:

Post a Comment